Everyone has a talent, and there's never been a better time to turn your talent into turnover. Written in plain English, this book, by small business guru Emma Jones, takes you step-by-step through the process, and is also packed with case studies and top tips from people who have successfully made the leap.
Produced in partnership with Country Living Magazine, this book is for anyone who has a passion, skill or hobby and an interest in turning it into a business. You will discover how to:
- Make sales beyond your friends and family
- Promote your brand and become well known
- Register your company and manage your finances
- Embrace technology to save you time and money
- Convey a professional image both online and off
- Create a support network and work with partners
Above all, it shows you how to make money from doing what you love!
Table of Contents
Foreword by Lisa Sykes, Features Editor, Country Living Magazine
Who is this book for?
1. Making the move from hobby to business
2. I'M OFF
3. The must dos: Registering the company and protecting your brand
4. Create the perfect work environment and top tech tips
5. Starting on a budget and basic financial planning
7. Make some noise!
8. Putting on a professional face
9. Happy customers and balanced business - a recipe for success
10. Grow the business without outgrowing home
About Emma Jones
Emma Jones is a business expert and author, and founder of small business support company Enterprise Nation. Her books include 'Spare Room Start Up', 'Working 5 to 9 ', 'Go Global' and 'The Start Up Kit'.
Following a five year career at an international accounting firm, Emma started her first business at 27, from a spare room in her Manchester apartment. That business was sold 18 months later, and the experience led to Emma's next venture, Enterprise Nation. Its website (www.enterprisenation.com) was launched in 2006 and became the most popular for home business owners in the UK, attracting over 100,000 visitors each month.
Enterprise Nation has evolved to help even more would-be entrepreneurs. It now produces books, kits, online tools, video clips, friendly forums and weekly classes for anyone wanting to start and grow a small business.
Emma is also a co-founder of national campaign, StartUp Britain.
Become a Brightword Affiliate
Join us as an affiliate and earn up to 50% on your sales. It's free and only takes a minute to sign up.
Become a Brightword Author!
Got a great book idea? We'd love to hear from you!
At Brightword, we're not like the other publishers, we pay great royalties - up to 50% on eBook sales!